Monday, January 24, 2005

Inaugural Message

Welcome to Large Print Ideas. This blog will become the home for all the ideas and solutions that I have found to make computer use a little easier on my eyes. This is not a site for web developers, but a site for regular computer users. I have been visually impaired all my life and have recently become legally blind. Since I am not totally blind and my vision is only 20/200, I rely on simple solutions to my vision problems. I have found dozens of little tweaks and small changes that have allowed me to keep using my computer without screen readers or other more cumbersome fixes. So this blog should serve not only as a resource for the visually impaired, but also for anyone who finds himself or herself squinting at the monitor or searching for those misplaced reading glasses. Feel free to add your own comments or contact me with your suggestions or ideas at large.print@gmail.com.

No comments: