Monday, January 24, 2005

How easy is this blog to read?

I will start off with a critique of my own site. This site is not so bad as sites go. I have chosen to work within the limits of the Blogger.com software and these imply strong resctrictions on my control of the look and feel of this blog. Blogger.com requires that its 'bloggers' (like me!) use one of its templates. These templates preset the fonts and colors used in the blog as well as how the blog is arrainged. Blogger.com only offers a dozen or so templates, none of which are designed to make reading them easier, though all are quite professionally done. I chose the template with a darker background and good contrast between the font color and the background color. Hopefully this is a good start to making this a 'large print' blog! Over the ensuing posts, I will show you easy ways to make this site even easier to read, including ways to give you control over the way web sites are displayed on your computer.

1 comment:

Oberazzi said...

FYI: I contacted Blogger.com to ask about more 'accessible' templates. Let's wait and see what they say.