Thursday, April 27, 2006

Response on Cell Phon High-Contrast Color Schemes

I had a response form Verizon (who obviously did not read my initial message carefully) which just blew me off. Here is the response and my response:
As I said in the original message, I had difficulty testing each phone in the store. First, the store's inventory did not match the online store's inventory. Second, I was unable to turn on many models. Lastly, it was not easy to search for the correct font/display.color/theme settings on each phone that I could turn on since I am legally blind. Can you at least suggest it to Verizon's accessibility team that they (1) test each phone for high-contrast color scheme options and publish the results and (2) they suggest /require the suppliers to add high-contrast color scheme options if they do not already have them? Thank you. On 4/27/06, Verizon Wireless Customer Service S - Hide quoted text - wrote: Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. I appreciate your inquiry regarding starting service with Verizon Wireless. My name is Desmond, and I am happy to assist you today. Unfortunately, I am unable to inform you which handsets have the contrast capabilities you are in need of because I do not have each handset available to test for you. I would recommend visiting your closest Verizon Wireless direct store which will have working models of the handsets we offer for you to test. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. To obtain a list of stores in your area, please click on the following link, which will direct you to our "Store Locator" page: www.verizonwireless.com/storelocator We provide three options to choose from for obtaining new service with us: 1. You may place orders online by clicking on the following link, www.verizonwireless.com/plans which will direct you to the "Plans" page of our website. 2. You may visit a local Verizon Wireless store in your area, where a sales representative will be happy to assist you. To obtain a list of stores in your area, please click on the following link www.verizonwireless.com/storelocator which will direct you to the "Store Locator" page of our website. 3. Additionally, service may be ordered over the telephone by calling our Verizon Wireless Sales Department at 1-800-2-JOIN-IN (256-4646). A representative will be happy to assist you with your request. We appreciate your business. Please contact us at our website for any of your future needs. Again, thank you for using Verizon Wireless products and services. Sincerely, Desmond Verizon Wireless Customer Service "We never stop working for you!" If you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and deleting it and all copies and backups thereof. If you are the intended recipient and are a Verizon Wireless customer, this response is subject to the terms of your Customer Agreement.
So to whom can I write, if I want a real reesponse?

No comments: